No More Extinctions
- We will invest a billion dollars in conservation.
- We will fully implement the new Biodiversity Strategy and National Policy Statement on Indigenous Biodiversity.
- We will fund community groups and farmers to control pests and weeds.
- We will set aside land that is a significant habitat.
- We will support scientific advances in pest, weed and disease control.
- We will aggressively combat wilding pines and other plant pests.
Clean, Safe Water
- We will clean up our freshwater and target reduction of sedimentation and run-off through improved land management.
- We will create a Minister for Water to coordinate all the councils, health boards and government departments that manage water.
- We will invest in improvements to stormwater and wastewater treatment.
- We will ask councils to work with each other to improve efficiency.
- We will support all commercial marinas to have safe hull cleaning facilities.
- We will put cameras on fishing vessels and incentivise sustainable fisheries.
- We will consult on establishing more ocean sanctuaries.
- We will invest in our navy and air force to defend our Exclusive Economic Zone and protect our oceans.
- We will apply the provisions of the Waste Minimisation Act 2008.
- We will introduce product stewardship to reduce waste at source and progressively put in place an 85% plus recovery standard.
- We will apply a comprehensive landfill levy shifting the cost from ratepayers to waste producers.
- We will establish a Climate Change Commission and follow their advice to reduce global emissions and put a fair price on carbon.
- We will subsidise new technology to minimise emissions.
- We will work to double the amount of renewable electricity before 2050.
- We will stop the use of coal to generate electricity.
- We will phase out the use of coal for industrial process heating.
- We will work with farmers to be world-leading in sustainable farming.
- We will ‘offset’ our methane emissions through forestry.